Dark Guards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Guards

Welcome to the home of The Dark Guards. Pray you come out alive!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rasc's Great Balls of Fire

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trovan
Healer Extraordinaire
Trovan

Rasc's Great Balls of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Rasc's Great Balls of Fire   Rasc's Great Balls of Fire Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:45 am

Real Meat balls that do not serve as sloppy joes.

1 1/2lbs lean ground (room temp)
1 lbs lean pork (room temp)
1 large white onion (fine dice)
3 cloves of garlic (minced/diced/powerered - don't care just fine)
2 cups (have a 3rd on hand) of bread crumb - sub in's (in equeal volume) crushed corn flakes or rolled oats or rice crisps
1 egg and 1 egg yoke beaten and salted
1 shot wiskey or rye variation: 1 shot dark soy
1 tablespoon black pepper (be a man)
several large pinches cayanne pepper (puts hairs on your chest)

Optional (depending on mood) (note: do not mix more then one into base at a time)
several splashes woystochier
Italian premix spice (cause I an lazy and the break down of seasoning is a pain in my ass)
Herb du Provance (this is an aduired taste but so good)
Fresh rosemary and thyme chopped fine with a razor sharp knice(for that stuffing feeling) NOT BRUSED TO BITS BY YOUR KITCHEN KNIFE YOU JUST USED TO CUT EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

Combine meat and bread crumb in bowl, once mixed add everything else you are putting in. Work it, get your hands in it and "beat it like you X-wife"... fold it, squeeze it through your fingers. You know you are done when your arm hurts you have been doing it for so long. Then, do it some more

Making the balls (yes my big tasty balls) grab as much meat as you would like for two balls at a time (so like burger patty size) fold and refold it over it's self pressing it together each time, then squeeze into two and roll into ball shape.

You can pan fry, I find it less work to just roast them in a lizannia tray, remove fulled cooked and golden, for more golden shake tray every 15 mins to brown all over.

As to sause, well that depends on the balls you build but ALWAYS have your sause built eather at the same time or before. Combine balls and sauce and serve.

Kuz's freeze dried and shrunk balls

buy box of frozen meat balls, buy jar of sause
combine and cook till warmed through.
Quicker, easier, but just not that sadisfying....
Back to top Go down

Rasc's Great Balls of Fire
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Guards :: FIELDS OF BLOOD :: Trovan's Kitchen-
Jump to: