Dark Guards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Guards

Welcome to the home of The Dark Guards. Pray you come out alive!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roast Chicken with Apple Chutney - from Dis

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trovan
Healer Extraordinaire
Trovan

Roast Chicken with Apple Chutney - from Dis Empty
PostSubject: Roast Chicken with Apple Chutney - from Dis   Roast Chicken with Apple Chutney - from Dis Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:41 am

1 large bonless/skinless double chicken breast
1 tablespoon oil
salt and pepper

1 small white onion
1/4 cup apple cider vinagar
6 or so apples of your favourite type (I used honey crisp - in season)
pinch of pepper flakes (this should be a sweet dish with a hint o spice not vise versa)
2 flowing table spoons of honey

salt and pepper the breast, place in hot oil heavy frying pan. brown on both sides then move to preheated(400) oven and leave for 1 hours or till you feel it is cooked through.

Dice onion (fairly fine) in a small pot with a touch of oil, soffen (not brown) add vinegar and reduce heat right down. Peal, core and rough chop the apples (add to pot as they are being cut - to prevent dis coulouring) add honey and pepper flakes, stir. Bring to boil, cover and again reduce heat right down, stir once every 5 mins or so to prevent burning. Depending on timing My chicken came out 5 mins before my chutney was ready, just enough time to let it rest, chop it into chunks and move to a serving bowl. scoop chutney over chunked chicken garnish with some fresh herbs (I used chives) and serve.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1