Dark Guards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Guards

Welcome to the home of The Dark Guards. Pray you come out alive!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aisa Soup- From Dis

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trovan
Healer Extraordinaire
Trovan

Aisa Soup- From Dis Empty
PostSubject: Aisa Soup- From Dis   Aisa Soup- From Dis Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:26 am

From Dis:

So I made an Asian soup on the weekend and it was awsome. It is an adaptation of the soy - ginger dipping sauce served with dumplings quite often.
2 L of chicken stock
1 large carrot sliced very thin (mandolin cut if possible)
2 stocks of celerie (again mandolined)
3 shallots (mandolined) - 1 white onion could also work but I used shallots
1 clove of garlic (diced)
1 1/2 cups (ish) of bean sprouts
2 cups (ish) of snow peas
1 pkg of firm tofu (cut into bite sized blocks 1 cm (ish))
1/2 cup of soy (adjust to personal taste)
1 section of ginger root (you know the way it kinda has branches - one of those I am going to guess maybe 2 - 3 oz) shredded/shaved/diced
1/2 lime
1 tsp of red pepper flake
salt and pepper
Touch of "normal cooking oil"
A few drops of sesamie oil

Throw shallots, carrots, celerie and garlic into a pot with a touch of oil, a little salt and pepper. Soffen, do not brown just soffen a little (maybe like 5 min on med/high)
Add Chicken stock and ginger then simmer for 30 mins. Add everything left and simmer for another 15 mins (with Lime squeese then drop it in - fish it after the 15 mins - even if not serving right away). Add water if it has reduced too much. Season to taste.

When serving have diced chives and cilantro and just sprinkle a little of each in each bowl.
Note: because of the bean sprouts this soup will sour after sitting for about 2 or 3 hours or so. So it is one of those make and serve items.
Back to top Go down

Aisa Soup- From Dis
Page 1 of 1